If you’re a student of anything at all, I have some gold for you.
February 25, 2013 § 2 Comments
I believe Homer’s early draft of the Iliad said it best:
“Sing, O goddess, the excellence of Memrise.com, that brought countless graces upon the self studiers. Many a brave soul did it send hurrying up the slopes of linguistic victory, and many a hero did it save from the clenches of forgetfulness and mute despair.”
Corny English grad student jokes aside–Seriously, please go check this place out. I have been planning to make a huge page of language-learning resources, but I have to jump the gun a bit just because this site is so awesome that I can’t keep it to myself. So, everyone, meet Memrise.com, the simple, free, painless online memorizing site of greatness and majesty. Memrise, everyone.
• You see results very quickly. I’ve learned about a hundred words just in the past few days. I mean really learned, completely ingrained. (That includes meaning, pronunciation, and spelling… spelling has been my weak point up until now).
• You will learn to type in 한글 much more quickly than you used to. That 45 second timer is occasionally very short.
• There is a course that covers all the vocab used in TalktomeinKorean.com. (Sweet!)
• It is completely painless. I would even say fun, but I can’t tell if that’s just because I’m a Korean vocab geek.
• The site doesn’t stop at Korean. Memrise is for facts, not just vocab. Whatever you’re studying and whatever level you are at with it, there’s a course for you. There are history courses, geography courses, literature courses… There is even a Harry Potter facts course– for… reasons…
• You joking? None. This is a free unicorn that doesn’t eat or poop.
So! There you go. Memrise.com. Check it out. :)